Friday, December 19, 2008

The only blizzard I was every thankful for!

Well, we got pounded with another 10 inches of snow last night. I had an OB appointment this morning at 10:20 and I was really worried the clinic would be closed or I just wouldn't be able to go! If I couldn't go today, I wouldn't be able to get in till after Christmas, and that's just too long to go for me without worrying!

I braved the snow and spent 25 minutes digging the car out. Then Ian and I were off. The normally 10 minute trip to closer to 30 minutes. The roads were awful!!! When I got there, there was NO ONE in the clinic! I was the only patient who was apparently stupid enough to go out!

My weight was down another pound, but that's better than last time when I was down 3. Hopefully I'll be able to eat more in the next weeks without throwing up! Now, I get into the best part and another reason why I LOVE my doctor! She comes in the room and asks all the normal stuff. Then she says, "Well, since you're the only one here, how bout I go grab the ultrasound machine and we do a quick ultrasound!" Of course I said, "YEAH!!" The baby is SOO much bigger than the last time! Moving all around with perfect limbs, cute little face and a spine that was clear as can be! When she first started, the baby was pretending to chew away! Maybe because Ian was munching on his crackers while watching?!

Anyhow, I asked her if it was possible to see boy or girl as this point. She said it was early, but we can try! So she looked and looked and looked. Baby would not cooperate and was flipping all over the place. Finally, right before she was finished baby gave us a really quick spread eagle and it was clear as day, Ian is going to have a little brother!!

On the way home, we stopped at Target and I picked up a card for Charles to tell him! Then I put the few u/s pics in there. When he got home he opened it up and was very surprised! We are THRILLED!!

The newest member of our family, Sean Patrick Raymond, will be set to arrive in June!!

1 comment:

Leatrice said...

wow, a boy, congratulations! I'm sure he and Ian will be best friends :)