Thursday, April 5, 2012

Funny thoughts from little minds...

I got a call last week that Calvin, Raymond's 12 year old lab, was very sick and probably wouldn't make it through the day. After what we went through with Penny last year, I was dreading explaining this to the boys. We got ready and headed out there. On the way there, I started explaining to them that Calvin was very sick and today he was probably going to go to Doggy Heaven to play with Penny. I told them that in heaven, our bodies aren't sick or broken any more and we can be happy and run around and play all day long.

They both thought about it and seemed to digest it fine. Then Ian told me, "Mommy, if I want to call God, I don't know his phone number." I told him that God doesn't have a phone number, we talk to him through prayer and we can pray anytime we want. He said he knew that but wanted a phone number. Then after a few seconds he said, "I think his number is 0. Since 0 means none and he doesn't have a number." Sure...

Then Ian wanted us to say a prayer about Calvin. I told him he could say one if he wanted, but he wanted me to do it. I asked him what were the things he wanted to pray for. Praying for everything he wanted to include, this is what I said, "Dear God, thank you for the food for our bodies. Calvin is coming up to see you soon. Please when we are driving to Lola's house, help us not hit any dogs or kids. Amen"

No comments: