Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Well Visits x2!

I have yet to be by myself for more than a couple hours with all 3 boys (tomorrow will be my first FULL day) but today I braved something that can be stressful with even one child! There is something about hot, enclosed exam rooms at the pediatrician's office that makes my kids bonkers. Today I took Ian for his 4 year well visit and Emmett for his 2 week well visit. First though, we had to get out the door and get Sean to the farm.

I thought I had it all planned out. I was up with the bigger boys earlier while Emmett was still sleeping. They ate breakfast while I got ready and got all their clothes laid out. I had them fed, dressed, bags packed and ready to go 30 minutes before we had to leave. Then I woke up Emmett and had planned to feed him, then get him changed and dressed. Unfortunately, he wasn't hungry yet, so I changed and dressed him first. Mistake #1. With 5 minutes before we had to walk out the door, I was almost done nursing Emmett and it looked like we'd make a flawless exit. Then Sean walked over to me and I realized he took a duke and needed his diaper changed before we left. Mistake #2... never get a kid fully dressed in pants, shoes, sock who hasn't taken a #2. Emmett finished nursing, I sat him up to burp him and he proceeded to unload his entire meal all over myself and him. PANIC! Got everybody changed and we were out the door only 10 minutes late. This led to me pulling up to Raymonds, getting Sean out of his seat and taking him in and running out in order to get to their appointment on time, but we made it!

Now, for the stats! Ian is 39 pounds and 40 inches tall at 4 years. That puts him at about 70% for weight and45% for height. Emmett is 9 pounds 8 ounces and 20.5 inches tall. That puts him at almost the exact percentages. Emmett has gained more than 2 pounds since his discharge for the hospital on 11/24 (he was 7 pounds 4 ounces). Both boys are perfectly healthy! 

Below are pictures of Sean and Emmett at just about the same age. Sean is on the left and Emmett is on the right. I think they look very similar! You can tell Emmett is still a bit jaundice, but other than that, they share a receding hairline, round nose and pouty lips! I wonder if he'll look more like Ian or Sean as he gets bigger?

No comments: